awards
1,971 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Open my Eyes [m]
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2024 19:43:14 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar had been pouring over notes for the past three hours. As his helicopter transported him to Sootopolis, he had spent his travel time trying to collect everything he knew about Dynenergy--which to his chagrin was very little. Even after assessing the how much energy the Power Spots around the Sootopolis crater exerted, he could not think of a single useful application for his hard-earned data.

They gave off too much energy to be useful. Attempting to harness such a torrent would be a hellish practice in futility, one which Oscar did not have time to humor. Yet surely there was more to this power than simply enhancing the capabilities of pokemon. Oscar just needed a new perspective.

As they approached the crater, Oscar took out his phone and sent a text message to . If anyone could point him in the right direction, it was one of Rocket's Head Scientists.

Hey Nomi, it's Oscar. I'm having trouble with my Dynenergy research, and was wondering if you could demonstrate its utilities. I'll be in Sootopolis within the hour, lmk if you have the time. <3

After a second of thought, Oscar sent a follow up question.

Also which power spot is the one that can dynamax pokemon without them dying?
close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Open my Eyes [m]
POSTED ON Aug 9, 2024 11:02:58 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest9"]
[attr="class","body"]

Nomi always felt a thrill of delight when messaged her - usually because it meant he had some new device to show her, something he'd cooked up with that incredible innovative mind of his. This time, however, it seemed the energy expert needed her assistance.[break][break]
Oscar, hello! I have time to help. Artificial Power Spots are capable of DYNAMAXING Pokemon without the risk of death. There's one in Sootopolis, I will meet you there.
[break][break]
She followed up the text with the exact coordinates, then turned to Kallistatus. The two of them teleported to the Power Spot instantly, arriving in a sparkling burst of blue crystals.[break][break]
As she waited for Oscar to join her, Nomi gazed into the crimson light pouring out of the strange hole in the ground. Though this one had been created by humans, using the infinite possibilities provided by Tera energy, she couldn't help but feel a shiver pass down her spine at the sight of it. The origin of such power came from Eternatus, she knew.[break][break]
The great beast slumbered, but for how much longer?

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9"]--accent:#d7eeff;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Hollow

Ozzy
He/Him
March 18
Heahea City
Gay af
MAD SCIENTIST
EXECUTIVE
Rosemary, heaven restores you in life.
awards
1,971 posts
part of
TAG WITH @oscar
oscar clayton
Open my Eyes [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2024 17:20:30 GMT
oscar clayton Avatar
Oscar arrived in short form, his helicopter landing a safe distance away from the power spot. The red beacon was a beautiful sight from afar, but Oscar was more eager to get up close once again. Oscar departed from his copter, which quickly took off as he made his way over to Nomi.

Oscar waved at his fellow scientist, adjusting his tie as it was displaced by the wind. "Hey there, long time no see!" Oscar got up close to the power spot, looking as deeply into the hole as he could without blinding himself with the red glow. "Crazy how we managed to make our own power spot. No idea how it was managed."

Oscar looked over to Nomi, his eyes twinkling with knowing mischief. "We should start there. Tell me everything you know about Dynenergy and I'll tell you what I know. Then we'll dive into my current project."

close tab

played by

nellethiel

Nomi; The Visionary
She/Her
November 9
Ecruteak, Johto
Bisexual
Prophetess
Head Scientist
I cannot conceive of a universe
without you in it
5'2" / 157 cm height
5'2" / 157 cm height
Curiosity is one of the great secrets of happiness.
awards
1,597 posts
Naomi Sato DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @nomi
Naomi Sato
Open my Eyes [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2024 15:10:45 GMT
Naomi Sato Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","nomitest9"]
[attr="class","body"]

"Well," Nomi began, smiling as Oscar approached. "Natural dynergy comes from Eternatus. I'm not exactly sure how, but it seems as if something inside of its body produces it." She pauses. "That's the er, Ultra Deep Sea. You've been there, right?"[break][break]
She remembered her shock when she'd learned that the rift itself was alive - the inside of the alien dragon, to be exact. It was hard to believe at first, but then again, the true forms of beings like Necrozma and Palkia were equally mind-boggling in their expansiveness. She'd quickly come to accept the fact that a terribly dangerous legendary creature was slumbering beneath Granite Cave.[break][break]
"Anyway, huamns have been able to reproduce it safely with the use of Tera Crystals." She pulled out a small bracelet from her pocket, holding it up for Oscar to see. He likely already had one of his own, but it didn't hurt to examine it as she explained her perspective. "Allowing a Pokemon to Dynamax without one of these - a Dynamax Band - will result in death. That's because the Dynergy will be too strong for their bodies to endure. This device...weakens it. Enough to be useful to us, but without the fatal consequences."

TAGS[break]
NOTESMission[break]

[attr="class","pkmn"]

[attr="class","credit"]

[newclass=".nomitest9"]--accent:#d7eeff;font:13px Roboto;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 b"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 i"]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 u"]text-underline-offset:3px;text-decoration-color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 a"]font:13px Roboto;color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h1"]font:16px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 h2"]font:14px Roboto;color:var(--accent);font-weight:bold;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .body"]background-image:url("https://image.ibb.co/cpf8Wc/flower_patt.png");background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .pkmn img"]margin:-10px -7px 0px -7px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".nomitest9 .credit"]font-size:13px;[/newclass]
WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB